[lbo-talk] MLK vs. BHO

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 14:36:19 PST 2009

DH wrote:

You’d almost conclude, from all the vigorous back self-patting, that the whole reason we had slavery and Jim Crow was just to transcend them someday, thereby proving our innate goodness.

JG writes:

Precious, dude.

Moving beyond the merely distasteful to the truly tragic: the way in which African-Americans' dizzy embrace of Obama creates the opportunity for the mainstream media's national narcissism, even though most Af-Ams probably find such self-congratulation quite offensive and racist (and rightly so).

_________________________________________________________________ Windows Live™ Hotmail®:…more than just e-mail. http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009