[lbo-talk] MLK v BHO

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Fri Jan 23 19:39:32 PST 2009

I don't know how many times I've seen At the River I Stand, about the Memphis garbagemen's strike and MLK's murder. Tears come every time. I don't think it is possible not to be moved by King's speeches there and his actions. To feel part of the great sweep of working humanity's struggle to free itself. To be renewed in your own radical life. Nothing and I mean nothing about Obama's speeches or actions are like King's. It took him three days to start dropping bombs. Ad the reference to Khe Sanh made me sick.

Michael Yates