[lbo-talk] Waterboarding etc.

RCu8598882 at aol.com RCu8598882 at aol.com
Sat Jan 24 08:43:33 PST 2009

Michael Smith wonders if Obama is scared of the left, but I ask why would he be? Its not well organized and has little representation in government. Its voice is mostly marginal. Obama has to get votes for his legislative program.

Is the left going to sabotage that? That is the motive of the right and that action is well under way. I rather doubt that the left gains credit with whatever audience it wants to appeal to, mainly workers, I hope, if it stands in the way of improving the quality of life in the US. By no means point out flaws but in a constructive manner. Supporting Employee Free choice is what Obama pledged himself to in the campaign and he did vote for it in the Senate: let's get behind that. Business wants to bury the legislation. Richard Currie **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=De cemailfooterNO62)