[lbo-talk] Other pieces of the complex picture

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 10:58:02 PST 2009

A friend visiting us from Chicago brought us a copy of a recent issue of the Chicago Reader with interesting pieces on Obama. Here's one I found informative, published in Dec. 1995:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/obama_reader/what_makes_obama_run/

This other one, a retrospective, testifies to Obama's tactical prowess in avoiding a frontal clash with Daley's political machine without succumbing to its seduction:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/obama_reader/rising_star/

These two other pieces are also informative, one an interview with Axelro, the other on Rahm Emanuel's self-reinvention to get elected representative:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/obama_reader/david_axelrod/

http://www.chicagoreader.com/obama_reader/rahm_emanuel/

The issue has other stories, but I haven't read them yet.