[lbo-talk] bankers quoting Marx!

Shane Taylor shane.taylor at verizon.net
Sat Jan 24 13:58:16 PST 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> The Atlantic PR people once urged me to have her on the
> radio. I hadn't read too much of her stuff but that
> prompted me to read it. Yuck. What a horror.

Be sure not to miss this classic from 2003, under her old nom de plume, Jane Galt:

"I can't be mad at these little [anti-war protester] dweebs. I'm too busy laughing. And I think some in New York are going to laugh even harder when they try to unleash some civil disobedience, Lenin style, and some New Yorker who understands the horrors of war all too well picks up a two-by-four and teaches them how very effective violence can be when it's applied in a firm, pre-emptive manner."

<http://www.janegalt.net/blog/archives/003959.html>

Yet another "libertarian" for imperial wars of aggression. She has had misgivings about the war since, but of the "I was right to be wrong" variety.

Shane