[lbo-talk] Giuliani: I hope Obama has read Amity Shlaes

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 26 10:00:29 PST 2009

On Jan 26, 2009, at 12:28 PM, farmelantj at juno.com wrote:

> Hence, the willingness
> of people like Hannity to have Obama sit on
> his hands while the economy sinks.

Yeah, but these guys are looking kind of marginal these days. The real fight is over the share of the stimulus package given over to tax cuts. There's almost no chance that there won't be a large stimulus package, though.

We've been watching Fox more lately, in part as an antidote to all the Obama fever, in part just to see how they're taking it. They seem lost (which is how they seemed on election night, too). The WSJ edit board show mostly worried about the House Dems, whom they see as the real threat from the left. While they're not in love with BHO, they're pretty comfortable with him. Ditto the Fred Barnes-Morton Kondracke show. Kondracke said that the Dems believe the economy was made for man, and not man for the economy - with the strong implication that that was not an unreasonable position.

Doug