[lbo-talk] Giuliani: I hope Obama has read Amity Shlaes

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:37:05 PST 2009

Given that articles in the modern NYT sometimes have a tenuous relationship with what actually happened, I am inclined to approach thesea ccounts with skepticism: I bet the protests were more about food and conditions than the NYT let on. I think this partly because of the number of folks disciplined and partly becaue the food issue keeps coming up without any detail.

That is not necessarily jack-booted fascism but could be, at least at this one location, closer to forced labor than propagandists would like to admit.