[lbo-talk] Putin v. Dell

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Jan 28 17:08:16 PST 2009

On Wed, January 28, 2009 1:46 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:

> <http://valleywag.gawker.com/5141408/vladimir-putin-taunts-michael-dell>
>
> NERDFIGHT
> Vladimir Putin Taunts Michael Dell
> By Owen Thomas, 4:28 PM on Wed Jan 28 2009, 216 views
>
> But he didn't
> deserve the tongue-lashing Putin gave him next, as reported by Fortune:
> "We don't need help. We are not
> invalids. We don't have limited mental capacity."

[Cackle]. A whole section of the media class I teach is devoted to Russia, which has developed one of the most fascinating media cultures on the planet, and every year, my students shake their heads in wonderment at just how crappy, imperialist, obnoxious and mind-bogglingly wrong the mainstream US media coverage of Russia really is. A perfect example of how the US Empire has gone to hell, by swallowing its own lies.

-- DRR