[lbo-talk] Leninists find Jesus

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 29 08:35:07 PST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Chris Doss wrote:

> Stan Goff is running a Bible Study group: http://www.insurgentamerican.net/2009/01/14/apocalypse-now-small-group-introduction/
>
> That's actually kind of cool.

No it's not. It's depressing.

Someone, I think it was Skid Roper, once did a song with the line, "Jesus was a groovy guy, uh-huh, oh yeah." I can agree with that. But take it any further and you're deep in the realm of superstition.

Now I'll be the first to admit there are certain affinities between apocalyptic Marxism and apocalyptic Christianity: the same fantasy of end times leading to a miraculous transformation and eternal happiness. But they're both bullshit.

Doug