[lbo-talk] Leninists find Jesus

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 10:40:07 PST 2009

Are you being ironic-funny, or serious? :) Because aside from a literal hallucination, this seems to substantiate the view I relayed.

-B.

Shane Mage wrote:

"Perverse indeed, though making no sense whatsoever. Though Lenin never knew Marx personally he did know a great deal about Marx's writings and politics. He certainly didn't make up a hallucination in which he 'saw' a Marx with no resemblance whatsoever with the Marx who lived, fought, and wrote--and to start a whole new sect pretending to be faithful to his invented Marx."

B. wrote:

"I forget who extended the analogy even further by painting Lenin as the equivalent of Paul/Saul of Tarsus, which perversely makes some sense."