[lbo-talk] Leninists find Jesus

Charles Brown cdb1003 at prodigy.net
Thu Jan 29 13:55:04 PST 2009

Comrade Bohm also wrote an understanding of quantum mechanics reconciling it with "regular" cause and effect.Charles Brown^^^

While reviewing some of Goff's stuff I was reminded of the experience of reading (Brit physicist, deceased) David Bohm's Thought as A System:

Thought as a System

<http://www.amazon.com/Thought-as-System-David-Bohm/dp/0415119804/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233249031&sr=8-2>

For anyone familiar with Buddhist metaphysics, built upon the concept of dependent origination, Bohm's book was a frustrating read.

After only a few pages it was clear that the 'system' Bohm struggled to detail had already been thoroughly mapped centuries ago by Buddhist thinkers (it's entirely unnecessary to be a Buddhist to appreciate the subtlety of a lot of Buddhist thought regarding human behavior. I recommend the Vissudhimagga for a comprehensive treatment.)