[lbo-talk] Jon Stewart's bailout idea

JC Helary brandelune at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 19:21:57 PST 2009

"Ils veulent le beurre et l'argent du beurre" (and sometimes) "et la crémière".

Instead of the State trying to figure out which debt is bad, give the money to the people, let them (with "strings") pay their debts off to the bank, the banks are saved, people are safer, the economy may not restart but it puts a hell less of pressure on workers that way. And bankers have all their money back.

But, all this does not sound "moral" does it ? Why would tax payers bailout other tax payers who have no been careful about their spending ? Why does it feel more acceptable to bailout the banks _only_ when the same money could have a double effect on the economy ?

Jean-Christophe Helary