[lbo-talk] Gay sex decriminalised in India

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Jul 2 07:10:57 PDT 2009

On Jul 2, 2009, at 9:34 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Oh, and you probably noticed that India *overturned* the ban. Any
> bets on when that might happen in Iran?

I am guessing pretty soon after they get a chance to determine their own future, etc. It took India about 62 years (counting from Independence) or 15 years (counting approximately from the start date of its ability to get the IMF/WB off its back) or about 35 years after its first nuclear test or 11 years since it entered the pantheon of nuclear armed nations. The decision in India is great news of course, though not quite as far-reaching as Iran's state-sponsored sex change ;-).

--ravi