[lbo-talk] Obamachev

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Thu Jul 2 22:25:26 PDT 2009

General Secretary Obamachev of the USSA (United States of Securitized Assets) takes time out of his busy schedule of appointing Wall Street apparatchiks to leech a creaking, diseased economy and cheerleading the gloriously irresistible march of revolutionary democratization, a.k.a. the USSA's eight-year occupation of Afghanistan, to hector Putin on the eve of the upcoming meeting with one of the USSA's leading creditors:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8131449.stm "...but Prime Minister Putin still has a great deal of sway in Russia... and I think it's important that even as we move forward with President Medvedev, that Putin understands that the old Cold War approaches to US-Russian relations is outdated, it's time to move forward in a different direction. Medvedev understands that, I think Putin has one foot in the old ways of doing business and one foot in the new."

In the old days, US power elites indulged in Kremlinology as a way of sneering at Soviet incompetence. Nowadays, it's turned into the increasingly pathetic attempt at finding a creditor willing to buy US T-bills.

-- DRR