[lbo-talk] No oil for blood

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Jul 3 13:02:29 PDT 2009

It's probably enough to show that US policy makers believe this, to explain why we're killing people from Palestine to Pakistan, from Central Asia to the Horn of Africa.

The general answer to the question, Why does a state go to war?, would seem to be found in the motives of dominant social groups, the interaction among whom produces policy decisions and corresponding actions.

It's certainly possible that the USG might not be able to make its writ run if it tried to use its control of world energy against the EU & the SCO et al. That's just what American planners are afraid of -- and the reason Obama's launched a Blitzkrieg in Helmand.

And of course that's what the SCO especially is trying to ensure. --CGE