[lbo-talk] yoshie?

James Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 12:13:36 PDT 2009

Hey all! I've been off the list for awhile. I just re-subscribed. Part of the reason I re-joined is I was hoping to hear to hear some commentary and debate about Iran. Is Yoshie on lbo? Or still 86'ed? Could we maybe invite yoshie back if so? My saying this is not an endorsement of her... contrarian views on populist islam. However, she does have some knowledge on the subject, and if nothing else, gets debate going. Is anyone else in favor of this?

And for those who sigh at the thought of having to yell at her about theocracies again, hey- who knows, she might've changed her mind in light of recent events? Anything's possible- indeed, I (a frequent defender of my old union, seiu) have changed my opinions on seiu in light of recent evil deeds.

I dunno, maybe nobody wants to go down this whole road again tho.