[lbo-talk] death to habermas-reading clerics

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 17:25:54 PDT 2009

shag carpet bomb quoteth someone:

for elections do not play the same role in Iran that the casting of ballots plays in liberal democracies. In the latter, voting actualizes the individual's autonomy in the political realm. In the Islamic Republic, voting does not —and is not meant to— accomplish any such thing.

Wow. Who would have thunk it. In liberal democracies voting actualizes the individual's autonomy in the political realm. I always thought that under the present system voting actually does the opposite while legitimizing the system much more effectively than a theocracy.

Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html