[lbo-talk] yoshie?

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 09:45:14 PDT 2009

On 7/6/09, ravi <ravi at platosbeard.org> wrote:
>> Returning to the quite appropriate question, whether "new societies
>> can grow by building democratic institutions" or only by
>> totalitarian means, I think that honesty requires us to recognize
>> that this question must be directed more to American intellectuals
>> than to third-world ideologists.

Etc. Even though Chomsky will always have a soft place in my heart because he got me reinterested in politics, I have to say I find this extremely exasperating. Why would anyone who calls him- or herself an anarchist insist on drawing political lines that so perfectly coincide with national borders as Chomsky does here? As for the rest, it's more than annoying: it's also highly conservative. Yuck.