[lbo-talk] judge rules against ward churchill

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Jul 8 21:05:17 PDT 2009

This sells Gould short. Michael Smith

--------

Maybe. But you don't understand the pathetic level of discourse available. I'll take the academic survey over the ideological diatribe offered in the popular press.

And Gould had his own monsterous deficits, especially in the molecular and physiological realm. He was a very old fashioned evolutionist. We loved him, but we, my (his) generation, worried about his deep relevance to current work. Nevertheless, I wish he were still with us as the whole gendre migrates into the molecular realm.

Linguistics and anthropology is not prepared to argue with the biochemistry of molecular genetics....and it is essentcial that we (us radical theorists) need to be ready, willing and able.

CG