[lbo-talk] judge rules against ward churchill

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jul 9 09:09:12 PDT 2009

ravi wrote: [clip] I would say that the problem is that a lot of popularisation of genetics /biochemistry /neuroscience/etc rests on a dismissal of higher-level descriptions and analysis. Practitioners within the latter industry do not wish so much to engage with the former but to dismiss them as outmoded or irrelevant or imprecise.

This sounds interesting, but I at least cannot grasp what you are saying. In particular the content of "latter" and "former" is unclear.

Carrol