[lbo-talk] More on Kenneally

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sat Jul 11 20:53:03 PDT 2009

Chris Doss wrote:
> Ya know, evolutionary psychology, despite being immoral, er,
> antihuman, must be broadly right, given that different species have
> different psychologies. It is not often that I feel compelled to
> migrate south in the winter, gather food for the queen and her
> larvae, or mark my territory with urine. I wonder what the reason for
> this is. It's a mystery!

You're confusing the notion of evolution applied to the human species with the perspective of evolutionary psychology. You can claim that natural selection shaped human characteristics and reject the main principles of evolutionary psychology as advocated by Pinker, Buss, Cosmides, et al. Gould's a good example of this.

Miles