[lbo-talk] Au Revoir Eco Futurism

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Thu Jul 16 11:50:28 PDT 2009

On Thu, July 16, 2009 11:12 am, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> So it was probably inevitable I'd rise one fine morning, wipe the
> sleep from my eyes and realize I was fed up with Bruce Sterling-isms such
> as favela-chic, spimes, squellettes, arphids and I don't even know what
> else.
>
> But why?

We're in one of those Dorian Gray moments, where the beatific visage of the American Empire has been ripped off, revealing those layers of hideous underlying, accumulated rot which us loony Leftists had been pointing out for decades. I suspect much of eco-futurism was the American version of Gorbachev's idealism, the notion that Green Living didn't need Green Energy, Green Jobs or Green Multipolarity.

-- DRR