[lbo-talk] Obama, take your choice. War criminal or cover-up?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jul 18 09:45:46 PDT 2009

Matthias Wasser wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:
>

> > But let's say it is true. Isn't part of the job description of leader
> > sometimes doing what nobody wants them to do? Like FDR welcoming white shoe
> > hatred?
>
> You're speaking like Obama, deep down, knows that the GWOT and the various
> apparti constructed for it are wrong, but just lacks the moral courage to
> act on it. Where's the evidence for *that*?

Indeed. For 70 years the foundation of apologetics for the DP has been the claim that Democrats in general or this or that Democratic leader lacks courage, or is opportunist, or stupid - anything but admit that DP leaders throughout the 20th century have all been principled war criminals. They believed (and believe) in the aggressived and murderous foreign policy of the U.S.

Deep down Obama is a committed war criminal.

Actually, we need a better phrase than "war criminal." That phrase keeps throwing us back on individual offenders rather than recognizing that the very existence of the United States for over a century has beenindivisible from these policies. They cannot be changed without the U.S. as now constituted being dissollved. Carrol