[lbo-talk] Triple Your Lizard

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:20:53 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:11 AM, John Gulick <john_gulick at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Alan Rudy:
>
> >I'd be happy if they just went to and learned something about local rural
> and
> urban social and environmental history
>
> John Gulick:
>
> In your moments of rude awakening has it occurred to you that these are the
> folks who will (in part) be MAKING what constitutes "local x, y, and z
> history" in Central Michigan?

Alan Rudy: You're right of course, and I know it, but they don't... and they're not interested in the question of what kind of history they are going to make since they know so little about the history already made... Another answer, though could be: Nope, they won't, 85% of them report that they are bolting the state as soon as they get their BA, 'cuz there are no jobs here...