[lbo-talk] Afghanistan

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Jul 21 16:23:44 PDT 2009

Below are a series of links of combat footage in Afghanistan.

1) Here's Afghanistan from the valleys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_14oSfJUhs&feature=related

2) Here's Afghanistan from the mountains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2hnXgrnlUQ&feature=channel

3)Here's the Brits in Helmand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UIqRxzgtyo&NR=1

If anybody was around during Vietnam, they will remember these kinds of scenes from news broadcasts. Just add trees and paint green.

It's just the same old trip. Search and destory. If we go to well held areas, we get pinned down and resort to night recon patrols where the ambush happens.

These tactics didn't work forty-five years ago. They've never worked as far as I know. They didn't work in the Mekong Delta were they were first applied very early under special forces. They didn't work with US Marines trapped in outposts. I actually met a guy who had been in Khe Shan. A rocket or something went through his tent and through part of his right shoulder. He had a whithered arm that didn't work. He was going to law school.

I can't believe Obama is continuing this shit. Eventually, the O-team will lose. The Brits and Aussies are going to have to pull out. The war is more unpopular over there because their media do a better job of covering the war. Most of the video I found was shot by guys from England or Australia.

Here is a long piece on the foreign merchenaries and solders of fortune.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7363637773800999021&ei=fTRmStrtBIfYqAOr9Y0d&q=vsb+afghanistan&hl=en

At the end of the piece the narrator gets into to see an American private contractor, Jack Adema who was convicted of something or other. Unbelievable. The Jack Adema worked for the Northern Alliance. He lives like a king in the Soviet era prison outside Kabul. These are the kind of guys that the CIA and or Cheney would have used in any of their covert plots.

I have long resisted looking into Iraq and Afghanistan over my bitter hatred of Bush and the obvious brutality of occupations that inflict terror, mayham and murder.

So I would urge the list to look at these videos to see what the US and Nato are doing.

I knew Obama was going to be just another Clinton, nice talk, no change. But I wasn't ready for what he is doing now. Do none of the people in the government read books, look through history and reflect on how these kinds of wars turn out? It's just delusional bullshit.

CG