[lbo-talk] Leszek Kolakowski dies

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 02:49:55 PDT 2009

Not really. I agree with Chuck on this. :)

Language is (probably) not specifically human (leaving non-human primate use of sign language to one side). It's specifically human _right now_, due to homo sapiens sapiens being the only surviving hominid species. Did e.g. homo erectus have language, or something like it? This is unknowable, but does not seem unlikely.