[lbo-talk] Blue Dogs cashing in

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Fri Jul 24 07:07:46 PDT 2009

=========================================== But passionate hatred is no substitute for analysis, and you rarely if ever seem to engage with the substantive issues. We still don't know, for example, whether you accept that the Democrats in the US and their social democratic counterparts abroad represent different interests and values than the Republicans and the other conservative parties to their right, and that these differences find expression in domestic and foreign policy, particularly when the masses pressure their leaders to act on their demands. It's not by chance that trade union rights, civil rights legislation, and the major social programs have been won under Democratic administrations against fierce Republican resistance. Such gains illustrate that mass-based left-centre parties are CONTRADICTORY formations which demand a more considered response than the Manichean one you habitually provide.