[lbo-talk] Black scholar arrest angers Obama

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 08:57:01 PDT 2009

Joanna

2. The police are excusing the arrest on the basis that the guy shouted at the police officer. That one really made me laugh. My (white) ex-husband had a visceral hatred of the police. On the few occasions that he got pulled over, he would get out of the car and start shouting hysterically at the cops about how they should get another job, how fucked up they were, how they were pieces of shit, etc. Thnk he ever got arrested? Oh, no. Not even close. I would cower in the front seat thinking that surely they would beat the crap out of him. But no. They would check his driver's license and then drive away. I also remember that when I was in cop shop (state park ranger school), the cops (who were our teachers) warned us about people having irrational reactions and that we should be very cool about this.

^^^^^ CB: Also, it is not a crime to yell at a police officer in your house. So, the arrest was illegal. :>)