[lbo-talk] Blue Dogs cashing in

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 07:29:50 PDT 2009

You are presupposing that morality involves a Moral Law, which it doesn't, and that morality has to be grounded in the nature of the universe, which is true, but only insofar as everything is grounded in the nature of the universe.

That a belief that human beings should not suffer is the result of "5000 years of struggle" (assuming it is -- have there really been 5000 years of such struggle?) does not make it rational. All it means is that the belief is the result of a historical process, just like every other contemporary belief. You might just as well argue that the belief that some races are superior to others must be rational, because it is the result of 5000 years of struggle.