[lbo-talk] Blue Dogs cashing in

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat Jul 25 18:03:40 PDT 2009

On Jul 25, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:
> Every time you advocate something politically you are by definition
> saying it ought to be changed. Denying morality is essentially
> denying that there's any ought involved, which seems to me both bone-
> headed and needlessly arrogant. It essentially asserts that your
> morality is objectively true.

This is perhaps one of the five best passages I have read on this list in the last 8 or so years.

I hope to write something substantial shortly (and ruin it!), but it has been a pleasure to read this thread, thus far,

--ravi

-- Anyone who takes an effort to intellectually challenge the status quo and established habits is infinitely more venerable than hacks defending that status quo and established habits, regardless of the truth function of their propositions. -- W.Sokolowski