[lbo-talk] Review of Badiou's Number and Numbers

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 16:11:27 PDT 2009

I'm not sure that space is a good starting point for this sort of thing, since space is not a necessary component of experience (assuming that you are coming at things from a Kantian/Heideggerian angle, which I think you are). I can conceive of a consciousness that is nonspatial or has no experience of space; I cannot conceive of a consciousness that has no duration or no experience of time. I tend to think that Heidegger's derivation of space from time was correct (even if much later he turned back from it).

--- On Mon, 7/27/09, Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com> wrote: Lots of stuff about space.