[lbo-talk] Review of Badiou's Number and Numbers

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 03:15:45 PDT 2009

Yes, they do procede from consciousness, or rather experience, or being-themselves (the word "consciousness" implies a subject-object dualism that I would rather avoid). They just don't know that they do. They procede from the world as experienced by them, from a vantage point.

Otherwise, they would have to leap out of their own consciousnesses (or experience, or being-themselves), which is impossible, because they are it. That is why Kant is right (in essence, if not on every point).

It's also why empiricist materialism is logically self-contradictory, as experience is inherently ideal.