[lbo-talk] The Films of Hirokazu Kore-eda

magcomm magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 28 08:21:42 PDT 2009

The Brooklyn Academy of Music will be featuring a major retrospective of the films of Hirokazu Kore-eda the last week of August (the only film not included is his latest AIR DOLL which is still making the rounds of film festivals).

http://www.bam.org/view.aspx?pid=1427

Since the retrospective is nearly complete, I would not be suprised if it travelled to other cities. Kore-eda's films are a fascinating mix of documentary and fiction, and a refreshing change of pace (in terms of content and technique) from most types of films released today. I have yet to be disappointed by any of his films.

Brian