[lbo-talk] Black scholar arrest angers Obama

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Jul 31 22:07:03 PDT 2009

Sheldon writes:

> How about that we should demand police accountability from the
> criminal
> justice system and political institutions?

Hey, now you're being reasonable. But my earlier point, in response to your earlier foolishness, stands.

> So Harvard professor Gates was a little grumpy from his long flight.

Be an asshole to your dentist after a long flight and see how comfortable you are when you get home from a root canal. Of course you wouldn't be an asshole to your dentist, because that's not cool. It's only cool to be an asshole to a cop, and then you get to "demand" things later, because somehow cops are supposed to be "professional" in the face of "a little disrespect" ...

My point is that every "professional" (Michael Smith: this is Whacko's term, not mine; that's why I put it in "quotes") doesn't act professionally "always" and so it's absurd to demand it just from the group you hate the most.

Like I said: you first.

> The point is that we as citizens ought to, and have a right to keep
> the
> coercive powers of the state in check.

You have a funny way of making that point.

And by "funny" I mean "stupid" ...

/jordan