[lbo-talk] Anti-abortion terrorist strike, doctor murdered

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 05:46:02 PDT 2009

It's easy to think of Kansas as all rural, but this took place in Wichita, the largest city in Kansas (300,000+), while the suspect in custody is identified as being from "the Kansas City, Kansas area" (SMSA of about 1.5 million). Nothing rural about it. It will be interesting to see whether the suspect turns out to be from Wyandotte County (working class, increasingly Latino) or Johnson County (very white, the wealthiest in the KC area). If it's the latter, then we're talking about failing to rescue a considerable part of the population of Kansas from the idiocy of bourgeois life.

MM