[lbo-talk] Anti-abortion terrorist strike, doctor murdered

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 06:41:41 PDT 2009

Just found out more. The suspect, Scott Roeder, is from Merriam, KS, a KC suburb in Johnson County, Kansas. Merriam was kind of tone-y when I was growing up in the KC area in the 70s, but it's now an older, inner suburb with an aging population and modest but still respectable household incomes. (In 2000, about $59,000 per household in an area where the cost of living is 20% lower than the national average). Roeder looks to be just about as middle-American as you can get, with a substantial history on the right wing lunacy. That lunacy, however, that can be found just under the surface in places like Merriam. It certainly was there in Gladstone, where I grew up. MM