[lbo-talk] State capitalism, or the real thing

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Tue Jun 2 11:59:22 PDT 2009

On Mon, June 1, 2009 4:31 pm, Peter Ward wrote:

> But more importantly, figuring out what capitalism actually means and
> arguing about where the term can and cannot be applied doesn't have
> anything to do with class struggle

Sure it does. How can you change a system if you don't know what the thing is, what its weak points are, or how it works?

What we should avoid is the assumption that someone, somewhere, has done all the thinking for us, so all we need to do is organize X party with Y line in Z country. Each of us has something to contribute; each of us has something to theorize.

-- DRR