[lbo-talk] Michael Perelman's Peace Plan For Iraq

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Wed Jun 3 21:03:39 PDT 2009

There's no need to go to that much trouble, just re-define "victory" and "peace". The advantage of this is that it would be retrospective, Vietnam would turn out to have been a victory all along. In fact it might turn out that the Vietnam "war" had never happened at all. It would then be referred to in history texts as the "Vietnam peace".

A middle east peace plan also becomes a much less complex problem with the stroke of a pen.

The only problem of course is that, having achieved the utopian dream of making war impossible, it would be a bit harder to justify a gargantuan war machine. But the answer there is to simply rename the army navy and air-force. They would become the Land Peace Corps, the Air Peace Corps and the Water Peace Corps.

All the problems of the world solved. Applause!

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas