[lbo-talk] Baucus to Meet with Single-Payer Advocates

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:33:57 PDT 2009

For what it's worth, nice to see the SEIU doing something besides having internecine squabbles in CA

http://billingsgazette.net/articles/2009/05/17/news/state/27-activists.txt

Gist of the geography: Baucus IS feeling heat all over the state in some REALLY tiny places.

Coverage from the hometown rag http://billingsgazette.net/shared-content/search/?submit=SEARCH&search=go&d1=07-01-1996&d2=12-31-2015&o=0&l=50&s=recent&r=Subject%2CAuthor%2CContent&q=baucus+health+care&txtLastName=baucus+health+care&query=baucus+health+care&TodayOnly=0&Product=0&reset_path=%2F&path=&whereto=News&se.category.kq=baucus+health+care

Y'all can Google local coverage in the "big cities" like Missoula, Helena, Bozeman, Butte, Great Falls your own dang selves. Here is a selection of stuff from smaller burgs.

http://www.ravallirepublic.com/articles/2009/05/27/news/news33.txt

The search http://www.ravallirepublic.com/shared-content/search/?req=search&q=Baucus+health+care

I'll have to finish poking around later. Baucus is feeling the heat at home; would be nice for there to be synergy with pressure from elsewhere.

My sense: social welfare IS reformist but it tends to happen at key moments when things are broken or desparate on a colossal scale.

Plus, despite the one doctor's claim in Hamilton, the US does NOT have the best healthcare system in the world. In terms of both costs and outcomes we are PATHETIC.

Rant off.

DC