[lbo-talk] another DH loves BHO in Cairo

Matthias Wasser matthias.wasser at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 01:52:23 PDT 2009

On Jun 8, 2009, at 2:28 AM, Bhaskar Sunkara <bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com> wrote:

> If leftitsm in the 21st century means support for the right of
> quasi-fascists to have nuclear weapons and support for Islamist
> resistance
> movements that don't have the support of the indigenous progressive
> forces
> than I must've missed something at some point.

We're not having a moral debate over whether to support the Taliban. (I certainly hope there wouldn't be any lively debate over that question!) We're having a factual debate over what caused the US to invade and occupy Afghanistan and for the rest of the world to support it. It sounds like Shane might be some species of Truther, but a "fascist" sympathizer I doubt very much.