[lbo-talk] Voters steer Europe to the right

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 08:00:50 PDT 2009

Well, if we're calculating on the basis of the % of increase over the 2004 vote, then clearly Europe has been steered into the direction of piracy!

I'm not sure how an increase in EUP seats from 41 to 50 qualifies as a 50% increase, and this is hardly the first time that the Greens have had a "breakthrough" in this weak institution.

Meanwhile, the BNP and Jörg Haider are celebrating. Another such victory and we are undone.

MM