[lbo-talk] Dali's trial

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Thu Jun 11 19:43:44 PDT 2009

However, it's notable that Breton was able to have a long term working relationship with Bataille, despite his exploration of transgression and sexuality. The difference once again tends to come down to the fact that Bataille never used his name to endorse fascist regimes.

robert wood

P.S. This isn't a criticism of Dali's art by the way. But a story from Bunuel has always put the man in a special place of contempt for me. Bunuel was in the states after the collapse of the Spanish republic, and was broke. He wrote to Dali to borrow some cash to pay the rent. Dali's response was to say that he never lent money to friends, and in addition, he was glad that Franco won. This was stated after Lorca was murdered.