[lbo-talk] Seymour to save Brown

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:02:46 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:34 AM, James Heartfield < Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>

> Which reads like a call to get the Labour vote out, not turn them into a
> left-of-Labour vote.

As if you didn't know this already, the letter goes on:

"The SWP is all too aware of the differences and difficulties involved in constructing such an alternative.

We do not believe we have all the answers or a perfect prescription for a left wing alternative.

But we do believe we have to urgently start a debate and begin planning to come together to offer such an alternative at the next election, with the awareness that Gordon Brown might not survive his full term.

One simple step would be to convene a conference of all those committed to presenting candidates representing working class interests at the next election.

The SWP is prepared to help initiate such a gathering and to commit its forces to such a project."

The letter is quite explicit as to what the SWP is seeking - and independent left-of-Labour alternative.