[lbo-talk] Harold Norse (1916 - 2009)

magcomm magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 13 12:19:27 PDT 2009

I am not a Man

I am not a man. I can't ear a living, buy new things for my family. I have acne and a small peter

I am not a man. I don't like football, boxing and cars. I like to express my feelings. I even like to put my arm around my friend's shoulder.

I am not a man. I won't play the role assigned to me - the role created by Madison Avenue, Playboy, Hollywood and Oliver Cromwell. Television does not dictate my behavior.

I am not a man. Once when I shot a squirrel I swore that I would never kill again. I gave up meat. The sight of blood makes me sick. I like flowers.

I am not a man. I went to prison for resisting the draft. I do not fight when real men beat me up and call me queer. I dislike violence

I am not a man. I have never raped a woman. I don't hate blacks. I don't get emotional when the flag is waved. I do not think I should love America or leave it. I think I should laugh at it.

I am not a man. I have never had the clap.

I am not a man. Playboy is not my favorite magazine.

I am not a man. I cry when I'm unhappy.

I am not a man. I do not feel superior to women.

I am not a man. I don't wear a jockstrap.

I am not a man. I write poetry.

I am not a man. I meditate on Peace and Love.

I am not a man. I don't want to destroy you.