[lbo-talk] Kenneally, some notes and background

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Jun 13 13:48:35 PDT 2009

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:38:28 -0800 Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu> wrote:

> Thus the notion that we will find a hardwired, specific area of the
> brain responsible for UG is based on assumptions about brain functioning
> that do not appear to be consistent with the current neurocognitive
> research on brain plasticity.

Distinguo: The notion that's there's a specific brain capacity for language, or rather, a specific variety or mode of brain function which enables and constrains language as we know it, doesn't necessarily depend on its having a specific *location*.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org