[lbo-talk] Juan Cole: preliminary reactions to the Iranian vote totals

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 21:11:31 PDT 2009

On 6/14/09, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 23:05 -0400, Shane Mage wrote:
>
>> Will someone of the mullah-apologists on this list please explain how
>> more than 35 million paper ballots can be hand counted--right down to
>> the last vote-- in a few hours.
>
> The problem is that even if the vote count was a lie, that still does
> *not* necessarily indicate Ahmadinejad lost the untampered vote.

Yeah, from what I can tell, the A-man seemed to win more or less on the up and up. Which makes the protests even more amazing. Iranians apparently don't buy b.s. pieties about the will of the people being obeyed and the rule of law and all that. If you don't like the results of an election, take to the street, burn shit, all that. Good stuff.