[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] Reviving the DiggLeft project...

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Jun 15 11:40:02 PDT 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, ravi wrote:

> There is an open source implementation of the Digg idea called Pligg. A few
> years ago, I proposed that I set up a "Pligg" that caters to our interests.
> All of you can post links to news and blogs you think would be of interest
> and the rest can vote on them. Crowd-sourcing and all that rot ;-).
>
> At the time of my proposal, there were few takers, but now that even our host
> is a blogger, and tech comfort and interest might have increased, it's time
> to reissue my call for interest. Would you find such a service useful?

Frankly that's a lot of what's great about lbo-talk, and at first sight it seems like it happens with less effort (no voting needed, people just feel impelled to share, and enjoy getting there first) and more efficiency (after 10 years I have a very nuanced view of people's opinions and whether it would be worth my time to follow their link on any particular subject) than this proposed alternative.

Michael