[lbo-talk] Politicization of everyday life

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 13:23:09 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com>wrote:

> [WS:] When I got freshly off the boat some 28 years ago, I was surprised
> how politicized everyday life in Amerika was. Not just the ubiquitous flag
> waving (virtually unheard of in Europe at that time) but seemingly benign
> areas, such as children cartoons. So piping political speeches into phones
> may be crude, but not out of line with thinly veiled politicization of every
> day life.
>
> Wojtek

American life politicized huh? And I always thought we were de-politicized.

I find it hard to have a political conversation with just about anybody I know or interact with in real life. I don't know if flag waving patriotism is actual politicization or a form of de-politicization. What example can you think of from children's cartoons Wojtek? -- http://left-wingwacko.blogspot.com/