[lbo-talk] When Skateboards will be free

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 08:24:12 PDT 2009

(If there was already talk on this, my apologies for missing it.) I just finised Said Sayrafiazadeh's memoir of a childhood in the SWP (US) which made me laugh like a drain (and wince a lot, too). I see it made Louis Proyect very angry, but I did not think it really was an attack on the left as such, just on dogmatism, but most of all one of those Oedipal memoirs raging against the parents, like Augusten Burroughs'. I recommend it to anyone who is tempted to raise their children according to revolutionary beliefs.