[lbo-talk] Hamid Dabashi on Iran

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 09:08:54 PDT 2009

I don't know of any Russian economist or politician or publicist or actually anybody, of any political persuasion, including those attached to the Communist Party or further left, who advocate a return to central planning. (Including Roy Medvedev BTW.) Their ideal is either Sweden or China.

OTOH everybody who is not a superdiehard liberal ideologue thinks that the transition could have been handled much much much more effectively.